Home » Archive by category 'Home Improver Advice'
It is our duty to save energy and in turn save our mother Earth. There are many ways that we come across when the topic of saving energy comes into picture. Just following the simple ideas can change the way you use energy. You will be able to save more energy for next generations. This will give you inner satisfaction and peace. Some ways are very easy and less costly to implement. Some other ways are costly but remember nothing can be costly than energy.
Some of the simple ideas to make your house environment friendly are shared here:
Take advantage of Sunlight
Use the sunlight as your light during day time. Try using the sunlight to the optimum level by having glass roof tops and glass windows. You can go one step ahead and use reflectors to make the room brighter.
(print this inspirational message at Detail-Oriented Diva)
How are you all doing with those New Years resolutions now that a week has passed? Personally, Im still just trying to catch up on work after the holidays. Anyway, Im sure the gyms and Weight Watchers meetings must be at full capacity but will wane soon. When it comes to resolving issues around the house, ride the resolution wave while youre still motivated. Here are a few tasks you can easily accomplish.
1) Take that donation box to the Goodwill or thrift store to drop it off. Before you leave, add anything youve been saying I can get $20 for this on eBay about yet never gotten around to listing and those things youve been saving for when you magically lose 20 pounds.
2) Grab a pen and pad, or better yet, your camera phone, and make a list of all the little projects that need doing.
Spring seems to be taking its sweet time in getting started across much of the country. If you’re feeling a little sluggish from this cold and rainy Spring, perhaps a little retail therapy is what you need. Check out all the sales and events in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event.
- Bauhaus in the Balance on artnet Auctions artnet Auctions is proud to present Bauhaus in the Balance, a sale of 45 works, including pieces by the colorists Josef Albers and Wassily Kandinsky, designs by Marcel Breuer, and photographs by Marianne Brandt. The principle purpose of the Bauhaus was to integrate different disciplines of art; this created a cross-media dialogue, established a forum for the exchange of ideas, and cultivated a community that supports the arts. T
Energy-efficient, replacement windows are designed to save you energy without sacrificing the functionality and features that you may be looking for when upgrading your home windows. This upgrade allows you to re-do your home for an affordable price and even save money on your electricity bill. These new windows may reduce your energy bill by around 15% and will help to protect the environment. You probably want to be able to let light into your home, but those old, outdated windows simply get too hot. With energy-efficient styles, the window panes will never become hot to the touch and will not allow air conditioning to seep outside of the house. Pu
Are you aware that you will spend 1/3 of your life on average sleeping? Your environment for sleeping should be of great concern.
We typically decorate and maintain the areas of our home that the ‘public’ sees. Why do we not take the time to create a beautiful space for ourselves?
February is the month for Romance so now is the time to focus on your Master Bedroom.
…all play a part in how the space will make you feel.
A colleague of mine, Joyce Hammig, owner of Blue Heaven Interiors, who specializes in Feng Shui, has offered the following tips to perhaps create a ‘spark’ for Romance and maybe even a better night’s sleep!
1) One of the first things to consider in creating an intimate, romantic feeling in the bedroom is color. Soft,
Wood is one of the most natural wonders of the world. When you invite this feeling into your home, a special aura of pleasure begins to emerge. Indian furniture has to do very little, to be impressive. Made of hardwood that are characterised with natural knots, swerving patterns, and delicious colours, a feeling of passion is soon within your midst. Here are a few ways that a sprinkling of Mango, Sheesham or Acacia wood furniture, can uplift your space for meditation, or just an aesthetic mood.
Antique nesting tables can be found in second-hand shops or at auctions, but are known to be delicate and not much for wear. Full Post…
Many people are not aware of how solar energy is used for power consumption in the solar power systems. The mechanism behind the operation of the solar power panel is a complex one, though the exterior may look simple.
The entire solar power system works on photovoltaic cells. The name is derived from two words, photo meaning sunlight and voltaic, which means electricity. In short, the word implies electricity received from sunlight.
Six simple steps to enumerate the mechanism of solar power panels
The operating mechanism will be easily understood, if the entire order of the capturing of the sun’s energy and using it to get electricity is explained.
1. Effect of Sun’s Rays on Earth- The rays of the sun fall on the panels and the panels are targeted by small particles called photons. The
Page 3 of 21«12345...1020...»Last »